THE ART OF ST. AUGUSTINE
NOV 4 - DEC 31, 2020 La Vie En Blue: The Life & Art of Marguerite Castaing
An exhibit from the STAAA’s Permanent Collection features Marguerite Castaing, a French Impressionist, and a beautiful selection of her paintings and drawings.Read MoreLa Vie En Blue: The Life & Art of Marguerite Castaing
NOV 4 - DEC 31, 2020
An exhibit from the St. Augustine Art Association’s Permanent Collection — Born in 1900 in southern France to a family of painters, Marguerite Castaing had a long career as an artist. At 16 she became a member of the French Salon where she exhibited for over two decades. While living in Paris, she studied under renowned artists Paul Albert Laurens and Pierre Bonnard, and she rubbed shoulders with influential writers, collectors, and critics like Pulitzer Prize winner Louis Bromfield. Marguerite’s work, Impressionistic in style, elicits passion and precision. The artist was inspired by the people and places that surrounded her, from family and friends to the rolling landscapes of southern France, and eventually the colorful seasons of New England. On display for the first time in over a decade, this exhibition of her work showcases over 80 drawings, paintings and pastels detailing her life as a passionate female artist throughout the 20th Century.
Donations received during this exhibit benefit the programs of the St. Augustine Art Association, A Classic theatre, and the St. Augustine Music Festival.
- WOMEN IN ART: Art History lectures with David Ouellette November 12 (6pm) & December 13 (3pm) | Reservations Required (904) 824-2310
- THE INDEPENDENTS: Presented by A Classic Theatre | Nov. 13-15; 20-22 | Tickets $25 click here for details
- IMPRESSIONISM IN ART & MUSIC: Presented by The St. Augustine Music Festival | Dec. 6 at 1:00pm | Tickets $50 click here for details
- HOLIDAY IMPRESSIONS ART CAMP: December 28-30 | $75 includes supplies | click here for details and registration
NOV 13 - DEC 18, 2020 Fantastic Florida Online Exhibit
This online exhibit, exclusive to members, explores the beauty of the Sunshine State.Read MoreFantastic Florida Online Exhibit
NOV 13 - DEC 18, 2020
We understand that now more than ever, artists need opportunities to sell their work. Due to contractual obligations impervious to COVID-19, we are unable to have an in-gallery exhibition for members during November and December. However, this is an opportunity for STAAA members to sell their work online during the holiday season.
- This exhibit is ONLINE only (though the artwork will be brought to the gallery and stored here for seamless art sales).
- Artists must be a member and may submit ONE piece that must be for sale.
- Artwork must pertain to Florida. Ideally, landscapes and cityscapes or street scenes of Northeast Florida.
- Max Size is 36 inches on any side.
Entries must be completed online for this exhibit and are due by Monday, November 9, 3:00 PM.
For seamless art sales, work must be brought to the gallery (to be stored and available for buyers to easily pick up): November 10 – 11, 12:00 – 5:00 PM. Artwork not brought to the gallery will not be listed online. Refunds will not be given for undelivered art.
December 18 – 20, 1:00 – 4:00 PM.
JAN 8 - 31, 2021 Crazy Cuisines
Veggie tales, funky fungi, fantastical fruits… This isn’t your average side dish. The works in this exhibit are anything but bland — sweet, savory, spicy and fun!Read MoreCrazy Cuisines
JAN 8 - 31, 2021
Veggie tales, funky fungi, fantastical fruits… This isn’t your average side dish. The works in this exhibit are anything but bland — sweet, savory, spicy and fun!
- This is a fun and comical exhibit. No traditional still lifes.
- Any style, medium, 2D or 3D.
- Max Size is 60 inches on any side.
- Limit 3 Entries
- Enter Online by Monday, January 4, 3:00PM
- Artwork delivery: 11:30AM – 5:30PM | Tuesday, January 5 & Wednesday January 6
- Judged for acceptance & awards
Sunday, January 31 | 2-5PM
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please wear a mask and follow all social distancing guidelines marked throughout the gallery when you visit. Thank you!
FIRST FRIDAY ART WALK 5-7:30PM; “La Vie En Bleu”
The St. Augustine Art Association has been promoting excellence in the arts since 1924. Located in the heart of the nation’s oldest city, STAAA is a vibrant non-profit art organization, recognized as the cultural epicenter of local art community. STAAA produces monthly juried exhibitions, solo and group exhibits, lectures, workshops, walking tours, children’s programs and more. STAAA holds a Permanent Collection of signature St. Augustine art, including works by the organization’s founding members known as the Lost Colony. Admission to the art gallery is free.