The Tactile Pop-Up Exhibit, sponsored by Vystar Credit Union, will be on display in-gallery and online October 1 – 31.
October is National Sensory Processing Awareness Month, and we will be hosting a pop-up tactile exhibit with the Florida DeafBlind Association in the North Gallery for the month of October.
WHAT TO ENTER
Each artist may submit up to FOUR (4) original 2D or 3D works in any medium or style that is no larger than 24 inches on any side. If you would like to enter artwork of a larger size, please contact email@example.com.
Please note: This is an exhibit that will be in-gallery and online. The first 25 entries that meet the artwork standards (see below) will be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK:
- Complete the form below
- Upload high-quality image of your artwork (.jpg or .pdf, Max file size is 5MB)
- Click Submit
For assistance with the online entry form or questions about artwork submission, please contact the Art Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 824-2310 (M-F).
All works must be entered online no later than Monday, September 27, 3:00pm. The form will close when 25 valid entries have been received.
DROPPING OFF ARTWORK:
Once an entry is submitted online, artists will receive an email that confirms the receipt of submission within 1-2 business days.
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
ARTWORK & EXHIBIT GUIDELINES
ARTISTS MAY ENTER FOUR (4) original 2D or 3D work – any medium or style produced solely by the artist. Works may not be over 24 inches on any side, including the frame.
- More than four works submitted by an artist will not be accepted.
- Artwork will be displayed both in-gallery and online. Works must be delivered to the gallery to be displayed and listed for sale online.
Artwork must be tactile. 2D works should have textures and/or reliefs.
NO: Sharp Edges, Broken Glass Pieces, Protruding Wire.
Works and frames must be dry, with a wire on back for hanging (2D) and framed or gallery wrapped with a minimum of 1.5 inch finished (painted) edges. WIRE MUST BE SECURED WITH SCREWS AND STRETCH THE FULL-LENGTH OF THE ART. Unfinished edges include: dirt marks or paint smudges, paint spilling over the edge (even the slightest amount), fraying canvas. Do not use tape on your edges. Any canvas with edges less than an inch-and-a-half needs to be framed. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS!
If you’re questioning whether your canvas should be framed, it probably should be. Artwork may be eliminated for not meeting the presentation requirements.
- Flat or smooth works.
- Artwork that has been exhibited in any STAAA show before.
- Giclees or reproductions on canvas.
- Artwork over 24 inches on any side including the frame.
- Kits or mass-produced items
- Plagiarism: if your piece is a recreation of someone else’s image or work of art and not obviously made different, do not enter it.