After School Art Classes for children and youth in elementary and middle school will begin on January 8, 2020! The instructor Debra Weller, artist and educator, will lead the students on artistic adventures inspired by famous artists and movements. Projects will incorporate a variety of mediums and techniques to encourage art appreciation and critical thinking, as well as allow the students to experiment with their own creativity.
- Art Classes for children and youth–appropriate for elementary and middle school ages
- Monthly themes, Wednesdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm at the St. Augustine Art Association
- Exhibit in the main gallery in May 2020
REGISTRATION $150 for four classes–must register before the first class of each month–or $40 per individual class, includes supplies. Discounts may apply. Fill out the form below to register and submit payment through PayPal. For questions or assistance, please call the St. Augustine Art Association at (904) 824-2310.
SPRING 2020 AFTER SCHOOL ART CLASSES & DATES
- SURPRISING SELFIES (January 8, 15, 22, 29) Your good side…Perfect lighting… The right filter… The greats like Picasso, Frida and Rembrandt will show you how to take your selfie game to the next level! (Digital Art, Drawing, Sculpture, Mixed Media)
- BLOSSOMING BOTANICALS (February 5, 12, 19, 26) Explore the wonderland of tropical botanicals that surrounds us everyday. Study the notes of Botanical Pioneers like Martin Johnson Heade and Georgia O’Keefe to create your own lush gardens. (Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Printmaking)
- POP GOES THE ART (March 4, 11, 18*, 25) Push the limits of conventional art and design. Warhol, Lichtenstein, Britto and Harding didn’t think inside the box and neither will you! (Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Digital Art) *Spring Break
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS (April 1, 8, 15, 22) Take a trip around the world–artsy adventures in Mexico, Australia, Africa and Paris await! Experience cultures rooted in art and storytelling, paint in the great outdoors, and create your own souvenirs. (Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Printmaking, Mixed Media)
To register for the After School Art Classes, complete the form below, submit and pay by PayPal. For questions or assistance, please call (904) 824-2310.