The Annual Fall Members Show will be on display in-gallery and online October 1 – 31
Online Entries due no later than Monday, September 27, 3:00PM
This bi-annual exhibit of STAAA members features a variety of works by emerging, seasoned and professional artists. Works may be any style, medium or subject.
WHAT TO ENTER
Each artist must be a STAAA member and may submit ONE (1) original 2D or 3D work in any medium, subject and style. 2D Work may be no larger than 36 inches on any side including the frame.
Please note: all entries will be accepted and eligible for awards if they meet the artwork standards (see below).
HOW TO ENTER
Artists must be an active STAAA member. You can join or renew your membership through the entry form below. If you are unsure about the current status of your membership, please contact the Art Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (904) 824-2310 Mon-Fri. If your entry is received but your membership is discovered to be overdue, you will be notified, and your work only accepted upon the renewal of your membership.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK:
- Complete the form below
- Upload high-quality image(s) of your artwork (.jpg or .pdf, Max file size is 5MB)
- Click Submit
- Pay the entry fee via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account, there is an option to “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”). Artwork submitted without payment will not be presented to the judge for inclusion.
- You may enter only one piece. Entries of multiple pieces will not be accepted.
For assistance with the online entry form or questions about artwork submission, please contact the Art Association at email@example.com or call (904) 824-2310 Mon-Fri.
Online Entries are due by Monday, September 27, 3:00pm. If you do not make this deadline to submit, you can enter your work in-person on the artwork drop-off days with a completed entry form and pay directly at the gallery.
DROPPING OFF ARTWORK:
Once an entry is submitted online, artists will receive an email within 1-2 business days that confirms the receipt of submission (emails will not go out on weekends). In the email will be specific instructions on Artwork Drop Off.
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
COVID-19 precautions are in place for artwork drop-off. Please follow them.
ARTWORK JUDGING & ACCEPTANCE INTO EXHIBIT
Judging for awards will take place in-person. ALL entries that meet the artwork standards and are ready to hang with wire on back (2D) will be accepted. Entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even for works that do not meet the artwork standards and are therefore juried out.
Entering online expedites the artwork drop off process, providing STAAA the information and payment prior to delivering your work. If you missed the online entry deadline, artwork may be brought on the Receiving Dates listed above, with entry form and payment completed directly at the gallery.
ARTWORK & EXHIBIT GUIDELINES
ARTISTS MAY ENTER ONE (1) original 2D or 3D work–any medium or style produced solely by the artist within the past few years that has not been previously exhibited at STAAA. Maximum size for 2D work for this show is 36 inches on any side including the frame. Maximum size for 3D work for this show is 60 inches on any side and it must stand on a pedestal or be free-standing.
- More than one work submitted by an artist will not be accepted and refunds will not be given.
- Artwork will be displayed both in-gallery and online. Works must be delivered to the gallery to be judged for awards in this exhibit and listed for sale online.
- All entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even if an entry is juried out.
Works and frames must be dry, with wire the length of the back secure on back for hanging (2D) and framed or gallery wrapped with a minimum of 1.5 inch finished (painted) edges. Unfinished edges include: dirt marks or paint smudges, paint spilling over the edge (even the slightest amount), fraying canvas. Do not use tape on your edges. Any canvas with edges less than an inch-and-a-half needs to be framed.
If you’re questioning whether your canvas should be framed, it probably should be. Photography & Digital Art should be matted and framed. Artwork can and will be eliminated for poor presentation.
- Artwork that has been exhibited in any STAAA show before.
- Giclees or reproductions on canvas.
- 2D Artwork over 36 inches on any side including the frame.
- Kits or mass-produced items
- Plagiarism: if your piece is a recreation of someone else’s image or work of art and not obviously made different, do not enter it.