Faces & Figures will be on display in-gallery and online February 5 – 28, 2021 ∙ Online Entries due no later than Monday, February 1, 5:00PM
Expressions of the human form bring personality to this exhibit. Drawing studies, formal portraits, daily life and other figurative works are presented in 2D & 3D media. *Special Awards: Carl Steinsieck Award for Best Figure Drawing & Anne James Pastel Portrait
HOW TO ENTER
Online entries expedite the artwork drop off process. We prefer that artists submit their work online, however it is not required. See the dates below for when to drop off work in-person at the gallery.
Please note: this is a juried exhibit and will be in-gallery and online. All entries that meet the artwork standards (see below or CLICK TO READ) will be considered for acceptance, and those accepted by the judge will be eligible for awards.
To submit your artwork, complete the form below, upload high-quality image(s) of your artwork (jpg, png, pdf, Max file size is 5MB), and pay the entry fee via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account, there is an option to “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”). You can enter up to two pieces, please select the number you will be entering to expand the form options.
For assistance with the online entry form or questions about artwork submission, please contact the Art Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 824-2310. Online Entries are due by Monday, February 1, 5:00pm.
Artwork Drop Off – Once an entry is submitted online, artists will receive a confirmation email with specific instructions on Artwork Drop Off. Social Distancing precautions will be required.
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
ARTWORK & EXHIBIT GUIDELINES
- ARTISTS MAY ENTER 2 original 2D or 3D works–any medium or style produced solely by the artist within the past few years that have not been previously exhibited at STAAA.
- More than two works submitted by one artist will not be accepted and refunds will not be given.
- Artwork will be displayed both in-gallery and online. Works must be delivered to the gallery to be judged for inclusion in this exhibit.
- PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS: Works and frames must be dry, with wire on back for hanging (2D) and framed or gallery wrapped with a minimum of 1.5 inch finished (painted) edges. If you’re questioning whether your canvas should be framed, it probably should be. Photography & Digital Art should be matted and framed. Artwork may be eliminated for not meeting the presentation requirements.
- No giclees or reproductions on canvas.
- No artwork that has been exhibited in any STAAA show before.
- Size limit up to 60 inches on any side, including frame. Pedestals provided for 3D works.