The Great Outdoors will be on display in-gallery and online May 7 – 30
THE DEADLINE TO ENTER THIS EXHIBIT HAS PASSED.
With vibrant history and lush nature and wildlife, it’s no wonder artists love the great outdoors here! This exhibit of plein air paintings, landscapes, flora and fauna creates a striking interpretation of the great outdoors.
WHAT TO ENTER
Each artist may submit up to TWO (2) original 2D or 3D works in any medium or style that fits the Great Outdoors theme. For this exhibit, work may be no larger than 48 inches on any side.
Please note: this is a juried exhibit that will be in-gallery and online. All entries that meet the theme and artwork standards (see below or CLICK TO READ) will be considered for acceptance, and those accepted into the final exhibit by the judge will be eligible for awards.
HOW TO ENTER
TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK:
- Complete the form below
- Upload high-quality image(s) of your artwork (.jpg or .pdf, Max file size is 5MB)
- Click Submit
- Pay the entry fee via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account, there is an option to “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”). Artwork submitted without payment will not be presented to the judge for inclusion.
- You may enter up to TWO pieces, so please select the number you will be entering to expand the form options.
For assistance with the online entry form or questions about artwork submission, please contact the Art Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 824-2310 (M-F).
All works must be entered online no later than Thursday, April 29, 5:00pm. If you do not make this deadline to submit, please contact us at email@example.com.
DROPPING OFF ARTWORK:
Once an entry is submitted online, artists will receive an email that confirms the receipt of submission within 1-2 business days. Judging for acceptance will take place after the entry deadline of April 29th, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out shortly after with specific instructions on Artwork Drop Off.
- TUESDAY, MAY 4 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 5 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
COVID-19 precautions are in place for artwork drop-off. Please follow them.
ARTWORK JUDGING & ACCEPTANCE INTO EXHIBIT
*NOTE: This exhibit will be juried online, but judging for awards will take place in-person. Entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even for works that are not accepted.
All works MUST be entered online no later than Thursday, April 29, 5:00PM to be judged for inclusion.
ARTWORK & EXHIBIT GUIDELINES
ARTISTS MAY ENTER 2 original 2D or 3D works–any medium or style produced solely by the artist within the past few years that has not been previously exhibited at STAAA.
- More than two works submitted by an artist will not be accepted and refunds will not be given.
- Artwork will be displayed both in-gallery and online. Works must be delivered to the gallery to be judged for awards in this exhibit and listed for sale online.
- All entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even if an entry is rejected by the judge.
Works and frames must be dry, with a wire on back for hanging (2D) and framed or gallery wrapped with a minimum of 1.5 inch finished (painted) edges. WIRE MUST BE SECURED WITH SCREWS AND STRETCH THE FULL-LENGTH OF THE ART. Unfinished edges include: dirt marks or paint smudges, paint spilling over the edge (even the slightest amount), fraying canvas. Do not use tape on your edges. Any canvas with edges less than an inch-and-a-half needs to be framed. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS!
If you’re questioning whether your canvas should be framed, it probably should be. Photography & Digital Art should be matted and framed. Artwork may be eliminated for not meeting the presentation requirements.
- Artwork that has been exhibited in any STAAA show before.
- Giclees or reproductions on canvas.
- Artwork over 48 inches on any side including the frame.
- Kits or mass-produced items
- Plagiarism: if your piece is a recreation of someone else’s image or work of art and not obviously made different, do not enter it.
Form is no longer available. The deadline to enter this exhibit has passed.