The St. Augustine Art Association presents the Annual Honors Show! Due to all of the sudden changes and cancellations happening from the covid-19 virus, the art world has had to adjust. Each month the Art Association puts on a new exhibit in the gallery, but with all of the social distancing and quarantining happening, we’ve gone digital. This allows our artists to continue showing their work, receive awards, and it supports the Art Association since our operating costs remain the same whether we’re open or closed.
- The 2020 Honors Show Online exhibit will be up on our website May 1-24, 2020.
- Should circumstances allow, the in-gallery exhibit will be up June 5-28.
How to Enter
To submit your artwork into the Online Honors Show, complete the form below, upload high-quality image(s) of your artwork (jpg, png, pdf, Max file size is 5MB), and pay the entry fee via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account, there is an option to “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”). For assistance with the online entry form, please contact the Art Association at email@example.com. Entries are due by Wednesday, April 29, no later than 5pm.
Each artist must have won an award in a STAAA exhibit within the last three years and may submit TWO new pieces that have NOT exhibited at STAAA before.
Artwork is judged for acceptance into the exhibit and for awards. Awards include: a Special $500 Jean Wagner Troemel “Best in Show”; 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Place Awards sponsored by 97 Park Residential & Commercial Real Estate; 4 Honorable Mentions; $250 Alice Alger “Most Creative Award”; and Special Honor Show Awards: $250 Ted Karam “Best Sculpture”; $250 Emmett Fritz “Best Painting”
Exhibit Judge: Amy Freeman
- Up to 2 NEW original 2D and 3D works that have not been shown in the STAAA gallery – any medium or subject. (Previous award-winning work is not eligible.)
- If an in-gallery exhibition in June does happen, please follow these artwork standards:
- Works must be dry, with wire on back for hanging (2D), framed or gallery wrapped with finished (painted) edges.
- Photography must be matted (white) and framed.
- No giclees or reproductions on canvas.
- Size limit up to 60,” weight limits apply. Pedestals provided for 3D works.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.