Summer Art Camp
June 3-28, 2019
Children in grades 1 through 6 will learn to express themselves through techniques in painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media and other artistic methods. Each week-long session has a different theme taught by artists who are dedicated to teaching young artists.
- Week-Long Themed Camps Inspired by Master Artists for Grades 1 through 6
- Half-day sessions (morning & afternoon)
- Summer Art Camp Exhibit in the main gallery at the end of the summer
- Download the 2019 Art Camp Flyer
COST: $150 per weekly session, includes supplies. Discounts may apply. Register online. Questions? Call the Art Association at (904) 824-2310.
2019 ART CAMP SESSIONS & DATES
- DALI MEETS DOLLY (June 3-7) When master artist Salvador Dali meets country icon Dolly Parton, Surrealism goes honky-tonk! Crazy quilts of many colors, Dali-Dolly selfies, and “9 to 5” clocks are reinvented in this dreamy art adventure.
- A TREE FOR ME (June 10-14) Leafy giants awaken the imagination in this enchanted forest. From seedlings to the great Sequoias, the magic of trees appears when our “Art-borists” create whimsical totems, eco prints and fiber works.
- FARM OUT! (June 17-22) Old MacDonald never imagined a farm like this! Inspired by the rural art of Grant Wood, kids roll up their sleeves to craft folk art animals, colorful big barn landscapes and American Gothic styled portraits.
- OOH-LA-LAUTREC (June 24-28) Bohemian Paris comes to life through the colorful works of Henri Toulouse Lautrec. Dancers, horses and circus characters make a grand entrance as Art Nouveau-Impressionist inspired projects. Bienvenue les petits artistes!
Middle School and High School Art Shows
The St. Augustine Art Association has established a long-time partnership with the St. Johns County School System to host student art exhibits.These installations showcase original works produced by students in the public Middle School and High School art programs. Art teachers select the pieces for the exhibits and awards are presented to students for outstanding artistic achievement. This is an outstanding opportunity for young and emerging artists to build their resumes and portfolios, to have their artwork displayed in a professional gallery and to network with the art community.
PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH
Classes for children and youth are offered throughout the year in our gallery. All offerings are held at the St. Augustine Art Association, 22 Marine Street, St. Augustine, Florida – Historic District.
Call (904) 824-2310 for details.
ART | PAINTING | DRAWING | PRINTMAKING | 3D | COMPUTERS | FILM | MUSIC |
DANCE | FITNESS | PHOTOGRAPHY | HISTORY | ART APPRECIATION
Seeking creative, energetic, skilled instructors to take our educational program for children to the next level. Supplement your income. Share your ideas today!
Contact Elyse Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (904) 824-2310.