Miniature Marvels will be on display in-gallery and online March 5 – 28, 2021
Online Entries due no later than Monday, March 1, 5:00PM
Artwork does not always have to be big and grand to make a huge impression! Sometimes it is the smaller things that solicit a closer and more intimate observation from the viewer. Experience a visually enthralling exhibit as you immerse yourself in a world of minuscule sights.
WHAT TO ENTER
Artists may enter up to three (3) original 2D or 3D works in any medium or style that does not surpass 12 inches on any side–including the frame. There is no theme for the subject matter, so be creative–just keep it small!
HOW TO ENTER
Please note: this is a juried exhibit that will be in-gallery and online. All entries that meet the theme and artwork standards (see below or CLICK TO READ) will be considered for acceptance, and those accepted into the final exhibit by the judge will be eligible for awards.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK:
- Complete the form below
- Upload high-quality image(s) of your artwork (jpg, png, pdf, Max file size is 5MB)
- Pay the entry fee via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account, there is an option to “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”). Artwork submitted without payment will not be presented to the judge for inclusion.
- You may enter up to three pieces, so please select the number you will be entering to expand the form options.
For assistance with the online entry form or questions about artwork submission, please contact the Art Association at email@example.com or (904) 824-2310.
Online Entries are due by Monday, March 1, 5:00pm. If you do not make this deadline to submit, you MAY enter your work IN PERSON on the following artwork drop-off days – Tuesday, March 2 or Wednesday, March 3.
Artwork Drop Off – Once an entry is submitted online, artists will receive an email that only confirms the receipt of submission. In the email will be specific instructions on Artwork Drop Off.
- TUESDAY, MARCH 2 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3 – 11:30am to 5:30pm
COVID-19 precautions are in place for artwork drop-off. Please follow them.
ARTWORK JUDGING & ACCEPTANCE INTO EXHIBIT
ALL judging takes place in-person. Entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even for works not accepted.
Entering online expedites the artwork drop off process, providing STAAA the information and payment prior to delivering your work. It does not offer early acceptance nor does it guarantee inclusion in this exhibit.
This means that while we prefer artists to submit their work online, it is not required. Artwork may still be brought on the Receiving Dates listed above, with entry form and payment completed directly at the gallery.
Who is the judge? – For juried shows, we do not announce the judge ahead of time. Artists should to stick to their own style and not enter work that they think will win over the judge’s bias.
ARTWORK & EXHIBIT GUIDELINES
ARTISTS MAY ENTER 3 original 2D or 3D works–any medium or style produced solely by the artist within the past few years that have not been previously exhibited at STAAA.
- More than three works submitted by one artist will not be accepted and refunds will not be given.
- Artwork will be displayed both in-gallery and online. Works must be delivered to the gallery to be judged for inclusion in this exhibit.
- All entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even if an entry is juried out.
PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS: Works and frames must be dry, with wire on back for hanging (2D) and framed or gallery wrapped with a minimum of 1.5 inch finished (painted) edges. Unfinished edges include: dirt marks or paint smudges, paint spilling over the edge (even the slightest amount), fraying canvas. Do not use tape on your edges. Any canvas with edges less than an inch-and-a-half needs to be framed.
If you’re questioning whether your canvas should be framed, it probably should be. Photography & Digital Art should be matted and framed. Artwork may be eliminated for not meeting the presentation requirements.
- Artwork that has been exhibited in any STAAA show before.
- Giclees or reproductions on canvas.
- Artwork over 12 inches on any side including the frame.
- Kits or mass-produced items
- Plagiarism: if your piece is a recreation of someone else’s image or work of art and not obviously made different, do not enter it.
Your form has expired. Please refresh the page.