They’re the best of the best. This impressive exhibit highlights the talents and new works of STAAA award-winning artists from the past 3 years.
Works may be any medium, subject or style. Judged for acceptance & awards.
*SPECIAL AWARDS: Emmett Fritz Best Painting & Ted Karam Best Sculpture
What can I enter?
- Each artist may submit TWO (2) original 2D or 3D works in any medium or style.
- 2D Works may be no larger than 60 inches on any side, including the frame. 3D works max sizes: 36in x 24in x 24in to fit on a pedestal; 60in x 60in x 60in for free-standing 3D art.
For full exhibit guidelines, see below.
How is the show judged? When will I know if my art is accepted?
Judging takes place in-person, and entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even for works that are juried out.
- After entering online, works MUST be brought to the gallery on the drop off dates listed below to be judged for inclusion.
- Key factors that judges look at: planning & composition, proficiency & execution, presentation.
- Judge’s decisions are final.
Entering online does not guarantee an acceptance into the final show. Work must be brought to the gallery to be judged for inclusion in the show.
Upon completing the online form and making your payment, you will receive an email that confirms the receipt of submission. This email will include all the details, which are also on this webpage, about delivering your artwork in time for judging. If you do not receive that email, your entry did not go through.
Tuesday, May 31 ( 11:30AM – 5:30PM )
Wednesday, June 1 ( 11:30AM – 5:30PM )
Judging takes place in-person on Wednesday evening.
If your work is not selected for inclusion, you will be notified via phone call to pick it up at your earliest convenience. If you win an award, you will be notified via phone call–but we won’t tell you what you won. No phone call = artwork accepted into show.
What are the exhibit guidelines?
Artists may enter up to TWO (2) original 2D or 3D works.
- For eligibility, artist must have received an award in a STAAA show over the last three years, and received an invitation to enter.
- More than two works submitted by one artist will not be accepted and refunds will not be given.
- Works may not have been previously exhibited at STAAA.
- Artwork will be displayed both in-gallery and online. Works must be delivered to the gallery to be judged for inclusion in this exhibit and to be listed for sale online.
- All entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE, even if an entry is juried out or failed to be delivered in time. It’s the artist’s responsibility to make sure their work is ready and brought to the gallery by the receiving dates and times.
Works and frames must be dry, with wire the length of the back secure on back for hanging (2D) and framed of gallery-wrapped with a minimum of 1.5 inch finished (painted) edges. Unfinished edges include: dirt marks of paint smudges, paint spilling over the edge (even the slightest amount), fraying canvas. Do not use tape on your edges. Any canvases with edges less than an inch-and-a-half must be framed. 3D works must fit on a pedestal or be free-standing. Works can be eliminated for not meeting the presentation requirements.
- Artwork that has been exhibited in any STAAA show before.
- Giclees or reproductions on canvas.
- Artwork over 60 inches on any side including the frame.
- Kits of mass-produced items.
- Plagiarism: If your piece is a recreation of someone else’s image or work of art and not obviously made different, consider entering something else.
How do I enter?
To submit your artwork:
- Complete the online form below.
- Upload high-quality image(s) of your artwork (jpg, png, jpeg, pdf; max file size is 5MB).
- Provide your payment information and click the “Submit” button. Artwork submitted without payment will not be presented to the judge for inclusion.
- You should receive a confirmation email within a few minutes outlining the details on delivering the artwork to the gallery in time for judging. Check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox. If you do NOT receive a confirmation email, your submission did not go through.
- NEED HELP? If you’re having trouble with the online form: MAKE SURE YOUR INTERNET BROWSER AND DEVICE ARE UP TO DATE; make sure the url has HTTPS; make sure all fields are properly filled out with correct information. CLICK HERE FOR HELP.
Enter online by Monday, May 30, 3:00 PM
- $15 per piece for active STAAA Members
- $35 per piece for Non-Members
- $7 per piece for Student Members
- $25 per piece for Non-Member Students