I'm having trouble submitting an online entry form. What am I doing wrong?
While we wish we could help all artists with their technical issues, our staff is very limited in time and capability.
Rather than calling the office (where we will tell you this same information), please refer to the following:
- Experience has shown that entry submission can be affected by the time and day of the week that you enter. While we cannot necessarily tell you when it’s best to submit — be aware that the server becomes more and more overwhelmed as a deadline approaches. You may have trouble entering the day of or right before the deadline, as many others are simultaneously doing the same. Our best suggestion is to wait a brief period of time, refresh the page and try again.
- Receiving a notification that our website is “Not Secure”? Be sure that you’re loading the website at https://www.staaa.org and NOT https://www.staaa.org. That little “s” in the URL makes all the difference!
- Your web browser may not be loading the form correctly. Users on Google Chrome have often experienced difficulties with the online form. Consider trying again on a different web browser. Or, if you are attempting to complete a form on your phone and having trouble, consider trying it again on a different device — such as a computer or tablet.
- Did you leave the form up for a long period of time? Eventually, the online form will “time out” or “expire” if left open and sitting for too long. Refresh the page, and try again.
- Failure to fill in all of the fields will keep you from being able to submit the form. If you’re clicking the submit button and nothing is happening, scroll up. This may be because you’ve missed something — perhaps the zip code in your address, or even a full phone number.
- You are required to provide an image when filling out the form. You will not be able to fully submit without doing so. This image is essential, as it will be used to list your piece online. If you are having trouble with your image, check that the file size and file type are listed in the image formats accepted. For help resizing an image, click here for step-by-step help. If you are using an iPhone, sometimes the image is automatically saved in a HEIC format rather than JPG. For help converting image format, click here for step-by-step help.
- Having difficulty providing your credit card information? Be sure that you are providing all of the necessary information. The one credit card field will ask for your credit card number on the left — but be sure that you’re also providing the expiration date and CVC on the right! If you’re not properly providing this information, it can often conflict with the “Cardholder Name” field just below it. If you find that your payment information is correct, but you’re unable to select the Cardholder Name field — be sure that you’re clicking at the very left side of the box. This field, for security reasons, can be finicky and doesn’t allow you to simply click it any which way. See the image below for where is best to click it (or, if on a computer, you can simply press the “tab” key.)
- Some security software may interfere with the online form. Review your computer for any internet security software that may be blocking the transmission of personal data and keeping you from submitting the form.
- Sometimes, clearing your cookies may help. Click here for step-by-step help.
- Consider using another device. Some users have had better luck using a computer over a phone or tablet.
Still having trouble with the Online Entry form because your payment can’t seem to go through?