Become a Member of the St. Augustine Art Association
Whether you are a seasoned professional, a student, an amateur or hobby artist, an avid art collector, or someone who simply appreciates art, the St. Augustine Art Association has a membership for you. Take a look at the membership levels and benefits below and choose which one suits you best!
Ready to join now? Click the button below to skip to the Membership Form.
“I want to show my art in a gallery. Where do I begin?” • “What if I get rejected?” • “How do I promote myself?”
At the St. Augustine Art Association (STAAA), we are all too familiar with the challenges artists face, and we are here to help and guide you. Whether you’re a seasoned professional, a student, or hobby artist, showing your work can be a daunting process. Becoming a member of the St. Augustine Art Association is your first step to getting your work seen. STAAA member artists can build their résumés, improve their skills, find a niche to establish their work, and build a community and following.
- Monthly Themed Exhibits featured both in-gallery and online
- Two Member Shows a Year with Guaranteed Artwork Acceptance
- Juried Exhibits with Cash Awards
- Promotion through e-news, social media, some paid advertising, press releases and more that targets audiences from Central FL to South GA.
- Art Sales: Low Commissions, Online Art Sales, STAAA arranges shipping when applicable, STAAA collects and pays the FL sales tax, STAAA issues 1099s when applicable
- Expanded opportunities to show your art, like the Plein Air Paint Out and occasional online-only exhibits promoted on website and other digital medias
- If you’re a collector, check out our Exhibit Season Calendar and decide which shows might have work that you’re most interested in. Exhibits open on the first Friday of every month and First Friday Art Walk is from 5-8:00pm!
- Follow us on Facebook & Instagram to stay connected and see some of the works currently on display.
- Check out the volunteer options we have that might interest you and we’ll get you plugged in. A great way to meet other members is through receiving, installing, or being a daily docent. There are plenty of opportunities to see exhibits early, meet the artists and other art appreciators (Art Walks & Special Events). Let us know your interests, skills and availability and we’ll help you find the right volunteer position!
- If you are a supporter of the arts, please contact our Administrator, Jennifer Flynt, about sponsor and partnership opportunities.
Membership Levels & Benefits
Individual Membership $60
For one Adult. Renews annually 12 months from date joined. Discounts on: Show entry fees, art sales commissions, workshops & classes, select items in Gift Shop, Plein Air Paint Out registration; opportunity to show work in 2 Member-only Shows per year; Invitations to Special Events; Opportunities to compete for awards
Family Membership $100
For 2 adults and any children under 18 all in the same household. Renews annually 12 months from date joined. Same benefits as Individual Membership + Discount on Art Camps.
Student Membership $25
For full-time active students in lower or higher education. Renews annually 12 months from date joined. Same benefits as Individual Membership.
Patron Membership $250
For one Adult. Renews annually 12 months from date joined. Benefits same as Individual Membership + Discount on Art Camp, 10% Discount on Art Purchases, VIP access to shows (5-6pm Art Walk preview w/artist meet-n-greet w/refreshments)
Life Membership $1,000
Benefits same as Individual and Patron but without the need to renew every year.
How to get the most out of your membership
Once you’ve joined you can start taking advantage of the opportunities we offer!
- View our Exhibit Season Calendar–the next season is announced every late July/early August–and decide which shows you would like to enter. If you don’t think your work fits a certain theme, that’s OK! There are two Member Shows–one in the Spring and one in the Fall–with no theme, and no judging, except for awards. Other shows that don’t have strict subject themes are Miniature Marvels (if you can work small, size does matter for this one), and if you’re inspired by Florida, Florida Wild.
- If you’re not an artist but like to collect art, make sure to note which exhibits look the most interesting to you!
- Read through the Exhibit Guidelines to understand the scheduling and process of our exhibitions and the presentation requirements. If you have any questions, please reach out! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your work — note the entry and Receiving dates and times — come to First Friday Art Walk to meet patrons and artists, and see the award winners–maybe you’re one of them!
- Follow us on Facebook & Instagram to stay connected and keep us in your loop by using the hashtag #staaacreative
- Attend or teach workshops
How do I join?
Joining the STAAA is easy! Simply fill out the form and payment below and submit*. STAAA memberships renew on an annual basis, so the month you joined will be the month you renew next year. We’ll send you a renewal reminder in the mail and via email when it’s time to renew. Membership forms submitted without payment will not be considered active.
For the member levels listed above, there is no application process. Artists do not need to submit images of their work to become a member. Simply complete and submit the form and payment below.
Those joining at the Student Level must complete the fields labeled “Students”. If under 18, information and approval by a parent or legal guardian is required.
*If you have trouble submitting the membership form: make sure all required fields are completed properly; make sure the url has https in front.
If you prefer to pay by cash or check, please download and complete this form, and mail to 22 Marine Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084. Make checks payable to The St. Augustine Art Association.
*Transactions through Stripe should show up on your bank statement as ST AUGUSTINE ART ASSOC or StAugArt
CARDHOLDER NAME FIELD giving you trouble? Clear your browser cache to make sure webpages are loading properly on your device! Click here to learn how.